Stanzas is a quarterly which self-funds through subscription. It accepts new, previously unpublished poems in English and Afrikaans. Each subscription covers four Issues of Stanzas. Anyone may subscribe, but only those who subscribe may submit poems for publication. Subscription to Stanzas does not guarantee acceptance of poems, the choice of which is left to the Editors’ discretion.South African Stanzas Subscription International Stanzas Subscription
The McGregor Poetry Festival Anthology is published annually and celebrates each McGregor Poetry Festival. Only poems that were read, either on the main programme or at the open-mic sessions, are considered for inclusion.
The Africa! Anthologies generally accept poems by invitation, but we do also welcome submissions. We strongly suggest to those who wish to submit that they read our Africa! anthologies to acquaint themselves with the material we have already published. A submission/reader’s fee of R 150 per five poems is payable.Pay Africa! Anthology submission fee
General submission guidelines
- Submissions must be accompanied by a micro-biog of no more than five lines. This should not be a list of publications.
- Please submit no more than five poems. These should be in a single MSWord document, in 14pt Times Roman, with single spacing. One poem should follow on to the next. Authorship and all contact details should be clearly indicated.
- We do not offer editing services. However if we deem a poem worthy of inclusion in an anthology, yet find it needs some editorial adjustment, then we will make recommendations to the poet.
Additional submission guidelines for the Africa! Anthologies
- All poems must be ‘touched by Africa’ with either the poet being African, or resident in Africa; or the landscape, texture, imagery or content being African.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Translations are acceptable and should indicate the original language in which the poem was written, along with the translator’s name.
- If the poems have been published elsewhere, publishing details must be given, and all copyright permissions cleared.
- We do not offer payment or royalties for poems that are selected for inclusion in an Africa! Anthology. Poets will receive a single copy of the anthology in which they are published, but will be required to pay for postage.